This summer, get away with your family or friends for the day, weekend or longer and spend some time together in Ontario’s beautiful outdoors.
The weather is warm, the days are long, the scenery is magnificent and the water is just right. It’s the perfect time of year to visit. Ontario showcases a wide range of both water and land adventures — for all skill levels. Experience a wide range of unforgettable activities, including canoeing, kayaking, white water rafting, cycling and mountain biking. There’s more to discover in Ontario!
Browse all Summer Highlights Getaways or select from the experiences below:
- Arts in the Wild
- If you have a passion for the outdoors and an interest in the arts, look no further!
- Bird Watching & Botany
- Birders and botany enthusiasts will find paradise in Ontario!
- Ontario is a paddler's paradise - with over half a million incredible lakes and rivers for you to explore.
- Cycling Tours
- A cycling tour is a wonderful way to explore our spectacular regions.
- History & Heritage
- Discover Ontario's colourful past and explore the rich heritage of our people and our land.
- We are a renowned destination for kayakers everywhere.
- Rocks, Waterfalls & Caves
- Ontario is home to some of the oldest rock and land formations in the world and has a rich natural history that is told by them.
- Trail Hiking
- Ontario has thousands of kilometres (miles) of hiking trails that stretch and wind their way through diverse landscapes and land formation.
- White Water Rafting
- Our impressive class III and class IV rapids are the biggest white waters east of the Rockies.
- Learning Programs
- Broaden your horizons as you immerse yourself in nature's classroom.
- Mountain Biking
- Challenge yourself on Ontario's off-road mountain biking terrain.
- Fly-In & Rail Canoeing & Kayaking
- Experience Ontario's wilderness lakes and rivers by train or float plane - it's the perfect opportunity to reconnect with yourself, your family or your friends.
- Fly-In & Rail Wildlife Viewing
- Unearth the vast wilderness of Boreal Forests with a fly-in wildlife adventure.
- Backcountry Hiking
- Our provincial and national parks offer some of the best backcountry and wilderness hiking trails you will ever experience.
- Wildlife Viewing
- In our protected areas and parks, you'll find a wide range of wildlife - make sure to pack your camera and binoculars for some truly amazing sightings.
- Stand-up Paddling
- Try out this popular water sport, guaranteed to test your sense of balance and have you hooked in no time!
- Sailing / Surfing & Kiteboarding
- With our abundant lakes, rivers and waterways, it’s no wonder there’s such a variety of surface water sport adventures awaiting you.
- Scuba Diving
- Ontario’s waters offer rich diving experiences. Come and explore!