Outdoor Festivals and Events are always in season across Ontario.
- Frost Frenzy - Collingwood - to December 31The holidays are a magical time in Blue Mountain Village with carolers roaming the pedestrian streets, horse & wagon rides, Santa Claus, scavenger hunts, guided snowshoe hiking, Plunge! Aquatic Centre and Fireworks every Saturday evening & Christmas Eve at 8pm.
- Homestead Christmas - Bronte Creek Provincial Park - December 1, 7-8, 13-15, 20-23Take a step back in time to the year 1900 and experience an authentic Victorian Homestead Christmas. Crafts, refreshments, songs, stories and Santa.
- TD RINK at the Brink - Niagara Falls - December 1 - February 28The TD RINK at the Brink provides recreational ice skating, skate, helmet and locker rentals, and is also a novel idea for corporate holiday parties, birthdays, group functions and school trips. It's refridgerated and therefore not dependant upon freezing conditions.
- Missinaibi Headwaters Film Premiere- Sudbury - December 4The premiere showing of the Missinaibi Headwaters Expedition film produced and hosted by Laurentian University.
- Alight at Night Festival - Morrisburg - December 6-8, 12-15, 19-23, December 26-January 4Bundle up for an evening stroll through this picture-perfect postcard setting as half-a-million lights adorn the heritage buildings at Upper Canada Village. Experience a horse-drawn wagon or carriage ride, and hop on board a life-size Toy Train. Holiday music, festive dining, shopping and other seasonal surprises all add to the ambience of this event. Check website for days of the week.
- Owl Prowl - Tillsonburg - December 7Owls are amazing birds! Meet in the Conservation Education Centre to learn some fascinating facts about owls before a guided walk to look for and call owls. Bring your flashlight and dress for the weather. 5pm.
- Christmas Spirit Walk - Alymer - December 7Stroll along a candle lit path through the Springwater Forest and join local performers as they celebrate the spirit of Christmas. Sip on a hot beverage and see who awaits you at the end of the trail!
- Santa Shuffle Fun Run and Elf Walk - Various locations - December 7The annual Santa Shuffle Fun Run & Elf Walk brings families and friends together. This merry event helps The Salvation Army to assist families and individuals in need during the Christmas season and throughout the year.
- Winter Mitten Workshop - Sudbury - December 7-8An enjoyable weekend of crafting. Walk away with a custom pair of thick and cozy felted wool inner mittens and deerskin outer mittens!
- Christmas by Candlelight - Keene - December 7-8Get into the spirit of the season with a traditional Lang Pioneer Village Christmas featuring horse and sleigh rides, carolers, demonstrations, festive foods and a visit from Father Christmas.
- Christmas Bird Count - Killarney - December 18Participate in the oldest citizen science program in North America by determining what birds spend the winter in Killarney as part of the Christmas Bird Count. Meet at the park research building - sunrise to sunset.
- World Snowboard Day Park Party - Collingwood - December 22Get your party socks on for a solid day of jib-jamming fun! The park will be stocked with lots of swag giveaways, music, best tick jams & more. Skiers, it may be World Snowboard Day, but at Blue we spread the love. Come out and celebrate the kick-off to winter 2014.
- New Year's Eve Family Frolic - Thunder Bay - December 31Visit Fort William Historical Park for a fun family oriented evening. Ring in the new year surrounded by good cheer. Activities include sledding, skating, snowshoeing, bonfire, games, live music, and fireworks.
- Midnite Run & Party - Toronto - December 31Try something different this New Year's Eve. Ring in the New Year with a 5K run on the stroke of midnight and then celebrate 2013 with a post race party!
- Snowshoe/Walk Mackenzie King Estate - Ottawa - January 1This Map Snowshoe/Walk begins and ends at the Mackenzie King Estate in Gatineau Park and is the first event of the Ottawa Voyageurs Club’s Special Events for the year.
- Courage Polar Bear Dip - Oakville - January 1Join hundreds of dippers and thousands of spectators at Coronation Park in Oakville as they take the plunge into the icy cold waters of Lake Ontario to help provide clean water in developing countries.
- Bike Maintenance 101: Know your Bike - Burlington - January 3An overview of very basic things you can do to keep you're bike running smoothly. Demonstration on how to clean your chain using different methods and how to lube your chain after cleaning it. Learn how to choose the correct lube, other areas of your bike you can lubricate and knowing when to bring the bike in for service.
- Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival - Hamilton - January 14Adventure Attic is hosting an evening of a selection of the best adventure films from the Banff Mountain Film Festival.
- Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival - Kingston - January 18Trailhead is hosting an evening of a selection of the best adventure films from the Banff Mountain Film Festival.
- Salomon Dontgetlost.ca Snowshoe Raid - Collingwood - January 18This team based event is a snowshoe race combined with navigation by map and compass. Travel on and off-trail to checkpoints. The more checkpoints your team collects, the higher your rank. Time: 8:30 am.
- Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival - Huntsville - January 21Algonquin Outfitters is hosting an evening of a selection of the best adventure films from the Banff Mountain Film Festival.
- Snowshoe Festival - Goulais River - January 26The snowshoe trails highlight the scenic beauty of the Algoma Highlands. You'll crisscross Stokely Creek as it flows into Lake Superior, ascend along natural waterfalls frozen in time, or stand just a little back from the Summit's edge as you survey the Lake Superior shoreline.
- Winterlude - Ottawa - January 31 to February 17Celebrate the joys of winter at Winterlude, with three fun-filled weeks in February. Canada's favourite winter activities are featured across Ottawa and Gatineau at this annual event. Skate on the world's largest skating rink, check out the ice sculpture competitions or play at North America's largest snow playground.